The Nitro High School Dance Team is an auditioned team for dancers who wish to perform at school events, football pre-game activities, basketball half-time, attend clinics with master choreographers and compete against other high school dance teams. Dance experience is not required, but preferred. Dancers are chosen based on their ability to pick-up choreography, dance showmanship, attitudes and grades. The NHS Dance Team is self-funded, in that all expenses must be covered by fundraising programs and participation.
Things that can help to be chosen: (the following won’t guarantee placement but will help)
- Coming to auditions on time, prepared and with a positive attitude.
- An understanding of basic ballet and jazz technique
- Participate in the April 30th Clinic from 10:30am-1pm- cost is $20
Requirements once you are on the team:
- A grade point average of 2.0
- Attend all dance team functions
- Participate in fundraising events
The NHS Dance Team makes sure to give back to our community through different service projects and volunteer opportunities throughout the year. This year members of the Dance Team participated in the City of Nitro Christmas Parade and Manna Meal.
2016-2017 Dance Team Tryout Information:
Dance Clinic: May 16-18, 6p-8p in the Main Gym
Dance Tryouts: May 19, 6p-8p in the Main Gym