What we do:
Student council at Nitro High School aims to put school and students first. It is a body of government that is chosen by the students to represent the students. Our goal each and every year is to get students more involved in school activities. Each year we:
- Plan Homecoming, assembly, class competitions, and dance
- Coordinate other pep assemblies throughout the year
- Participate in community service
- Hold annual teacher appreciation week
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate teacher luncheons
- Assist new students in their transition to NHS
- Raise money for Susan G. Komen
- Pursue changes according to student led opinion
- Participate in nationwide police appreciation week February 19
- And much, much more!
Student council is devoted to empowering students to create positive role models, and preserving/practicing the democratic process.
How to join:
Listen to announcements. Elections are held each spring. During that time you can pick up an application to complete and return to Mrs. Harless in room 209.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must have a positive attitude
- May not miss more than 3 meetings
- Must positively represent NHS in and out of school
- Must fully participate in student council activities